Life gets busy and we know that sometimes it can be hard to remember to pray for others in our community and the global issues that are so rampant during this time. Yet, coming together to offer collective prayers to God is one of the most powerful tools we have to overcome the struggles we face.
This is exactly why, during the month of August, we are launching the Daily Prayer series on the JCFUMC app.
- Every day at 2:01 p.m., you will receive a prayer that lifts up a specific area of ministry, group of staff members, community outreach, or global concern.
- The prayers are brief and have already been written, so all you need to do is stop for a moment and lift up that day's concern.
- Be sure to download the JCFUMC app on your favorite app store and make sure your notification settings are turned on.
We look forward to joining together with you in prayer for our community and our world.
Though we are now transitioning to in-person worship here at FUMC our online small groups will continue on Zoom for the time being. Our current online gatherings include two Sunday Morning groups at 9:30 and 11:00, the Young Adult group at 8:15 p.m. on Mondays, and the Women's Bible Study every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
If you aren't already connected to one of our online groups, you can contact Gwen (email@example.com) to get signed up.
In-person worship isn't the only exciting thing happening this weekend...
We are also FINALLY celebrating our recent graduates!
They will gather in the News Tribune parking lot following the 10:00 service to have a small ceremony with family members as well as NextGen staff. However, you can stick around and offer your socially distanced congratulations by driving your car through the parking lot between 11:15 and 11:45 a.m.
Outlandish posters, honking (air horns?), and confetti throwing are strongly encouraged!
It's almost here, and we're getting so excited! Beginning the weekend of August 1st and 2nd, we are planning to resume in-person worship services here at FUMC. Though all the service times will be the same (Sat. night @ 5pm, Sun. morning @ 8:30 & 10:00), things will feel a bit different than we're used to.
If you plan to attend during our re-opening weekend, we want you to be aware of a few safety guidelines:
- Socially Distanced Worship - as you walk in the door, please refrain from shaking hands and hugging others - we know this will be difficult! We also ask that you sit with your family unit in one of our "seat pods" set up in the sanctuary, or in the lobby if the sanctuary reaches capacity (82 people).
- Hand Sanitizing - please use our hand sanitizing stations as you enter the building. We will also be sanitizing the sanctuary between services.
- Masks - we aren't requiring masks, however we are strongly encouraging everyone to wear one while inside the building.
- Illness/Vulnerability - If you are ill, have been exposed to someone who has contracted COVID-19, or are particularly vulnerable, we ask that you stay home and view the services via our livestream (on our website and app) or through Facebook Live.