Child Care Worker
Avg. Hours/Week: 3-4 hours
Supervisor: Next Generations Coordinator
The mission of First United Methodist Church is to Love Better by Doing No Harm, Doing Good, and Staying Connected with God and Each Other. This position will be responsible for providing childcare as scheduled.
Expectations of Church Staff:
- Be Safe Sanctuary Certified
- Caring for spiritual growth needs
The purpose of Childcare Worker is to enable children to experience the love of Jesus through caring staff who provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at our Church.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Provide age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer. Universal precautions should always be used while changing diapers or time of body fluids.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Be able to provide childcare for all Sunday morning services
- Arrive at the scheduled time to ensure the space is ready for children by setting out the sign in sheet, getting out toys, snacks and drinks, and the remote for doors.
- Between services clean up toys and snacks
- Ensure the space is ready for the next group or Methodist Early Learning by putting away toys and snacks, and cleaning toys as necessary.
- Report to the Next Gen Facilitator any issues with the space, working environment or needed supplies.
- Support the mission and vision of First United Methodist Church and Next Generations Ministry.
- Stay until all children are secured with a responsible adult named on the Child’s registration form
- Other duties as assigned.