Next Generation Facilitator
Salary: $35,000 to $40,000 (Full Time Exempt)
Supervisor: Next Generations Coordinator
- Work with the Next Gen Coordinator to plan weekly programming for next generation ministry for ages 0-18.
- Children's Sunday School on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday evenings at First Connect
- Puppet Ministry at First Connect
- Youth Group at First Connect (Wednesdays)
- Work with the Next Gen Coordinator to recruit and coordinate volunteer leaders.
- Work with the Next Gen Coordinator to schedule and provide training for volunteers and ensure that all volunteers are Safe Sanctuary certified.
- Resource and support parents to be Christian role models for their children.
- Provide curriculum and ensure needed supplies are available.
- Communicate with Parents/Students and Volunteers. Work with office staff to facilitate communication.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Be an advocate for Next Generation Ministry.
- Work with the Next Generation Coordinator to arrange and resource special events and summer programming, such as college age meet ups.
- Other duties as assigned by the Next Generation coordinator as the ministry develops.
PDF Job Description JCFUMC Application Apply Online
Our Vision for Next Generation Ministry
To empower our next generations to love better in age-appropriate ways by:
- Doing no harm: Our ministry will work with parents/guardians to develop Christ-like character in our children, youth, and young adults, as indicated by growth in compassion and understanding for the neighbors God has given them
- Doing good: Our ministry will provide ways for our children, youth, and young adults to discern their gifts for ministry, as well as to empower them to use those gifts to serve others in the church, the community, and the world.
- Staying connected: Our ministry will help children, youth, and young adults stay connected to God through spiritual practices and Godly relationships. Our ministry will provide space for the next generations to connect with adults and peers in a safe, open environment that nurtures spiritual friendships and mentoring.
Position Purpose and Overview
The mission of First United Methodist Church is to love better. We are here to help people grow in love towards God, others, and themselves by connecting them to Christ. We seek to accomplish this mission by encouraging and equipping each other to do no harm, to do good, and to stay connected with God and one another. The (Next Generation Facilitator) will work with the Next Generation Coordinator to develop this ministry according to this mission, support the wider church to take ownership of this ministry, grow the next generation of disciples (From birth to young adult) and empowering all to love better in age-appropriate ways.